Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blog Tour: Embrace by Cherie Colyer


Hey everyone! Today I am so happy to be part of the Embrace Blog Tour, hosted by Julie at AToMR Book Blog Tours. So thank you for all of your hard work, Julie! You can find my review below, and don't forget to follow the rest of the tour for some non-stop fun!

 
Author: Cherie Colyer
Author Online: Twitter Website Facebook
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Release Date: December 20, 2011
Format: eBook, 292 Pages.
My Rating: 3/5
How I Got It: I received this book in exchange for an honest review as part of the blog tour.
Buy It: Amazon Barns & Noble
Summary: (Taken from Goodreads ) Sometimes you end up hurting the ones you love.
You find you can't save them or yourself.
Madison is familiar enough with change, and she hates everything about it. Change took her long-term boyfriend away from her. It caused one of her friends to suddenly hate her. It’s responsible for the death of a local along with a host of other mysterious happenings. But when Madison meets a hot new guy, she thinks her luck is about to improve. Madison is instantly drawn to the handsome and intriguing Isaac Addington. She quickly realizes he’s a guy harboring a secret, but she’s willing to risk the unknown to be with him. Her world really spins out of control, however, when her best friend becomes delusional, seeing things that aren’t there and desperately trying to escape their evil. When the doctors can’t find the answers, Madison seeks her own. Nothing can prepare her for what she is about to discover. Dangerous, intoxicating, and darkly romantic, Embrace is a thriller that will leave you spellbound.

My Review:
Embrace was a tale of mystery, romance, friendship, and magic. What more could you ask for in a book?!
I do have to say that this book started off slow for me. The writing was addicting, however. I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't stop reading!
We first meet our heroine, Madison, when she is going through a rough place in her life, not being able to get over her old boyfriend, Kevin, who has moved away.
She then meets our hero, Isaac, at a party, and, as the cool kids say: the rest is history.
The only complaint that I have is that we never got to know any of the characters very well. What did Madison enjoy doing, besides hanging out with her friends? How about Kaylee? I felt there was a complete lack of character development, and I was very disappointed with that, since I would have very much liked to know these characters. It made it very hard to feel and relate to any one of them.
Also, I couldn't really see a plot line. Everything seemed a bit all over the place, and some parts left me angry and confused.
Now, with all of that said, I think I can go on to mention the things that I really enjoyed!
I really liked the friendships in this book. Madison and Kaylee's friendship had to be one of my favorite parts. They were always there for each other, and I really liked that. Also, I really liked Josh, Kaylee's boyfriend, and one of Madison's close friends.
The added theme of magic didn't really play a big role in my view, but I did enjoy it. I felt it added a nice mix to things.
Overall, Embrace is worth the read if you're looking for something light, fun, and easy to read. For fans of paranormal that isn’t over the top, and a mystery that will keep you guessing until the end—Embrace just may be the book for you! Cherie Colyer has a promising future in writing for young adults, and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next!
Follow the Tour!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a stop on the tour and for your insightful review. I really enjoying reading your thoughts and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like books that keep you guessing. Good luck with this, Cherie. And hi, Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know they got THE BLOODY NINE?
    You know they got COYOTE RED 9?
    They sure got ROOTY 009!
    And that's NYE- NYSSE.
    They got her in that NYONDO- CONYANDO, too.
    And they got TOMDO- NDISCEDO - with DODONGO CARTER,
    That means they got ACKSACE with CKGER - SUMAR SUMANDO - GINGDO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...