Monday, September 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me


Hey everyone! So, this is my first ever Top Ten Tuesday, and I have got to say... I am pretty excited! I JUST found out about this awesome meme, so I'm glad to give it a try!
So, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and all you do is list the answers to the questions as follows for that Tuesday! Easy, right? Well, that probably just sucked at explain what it is to you... Basically, The Broke and the Bookish post their top ten lists on different topics, and you are welcome to do the same! There. That's better! :) P.S, Sorry about the weird highlighting--Blogspot is being weird and won't let me space things, so it was the only way I could keep each title away from the other, so it wouldn't be as confusing for you--sorry!
This week:
  1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I just feel like I am one of the only people who have not read this! But I hear that it's amazing!
  2. Pretty Little Lairs Series: Same as above! And it's even worst that now there is a TV show based on the books and I can't even watch that because I'm scared it'll ruin the books for me when I do read them!
  3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer: Actually, I have read a little of this one--I got to page 86 before I was so bored out of my mind I couldn't finish it. I know, I know, I know: It is not one of my proudest moments. But I hear that it gets better after like, 200 more pages, and then it rocks! But I don't want to have to wait that long for a book to be "better". But I probably will pick it up again, because I hate leaving a book unread if I started it.
  4. Looking for Alaska by John Green: First, let me start by saying that I LOVE John Green. So much. So much that I talked my father into driving me 7 hours to see him in Ashevile, NC in October. But this is just one of his books I haven't gotten to yet, but I hope to have read it by the time I meet him, so I can get it signed! :) Does anyone know how many books you can get signed by him? I wouldn't mind having all of my John Green books signed... just saying! :) TFDBA!
  5. Anything by Ellen Hopkins: I know: Shocking, isn't it?! I have Crank and Glass by her, but I haven't gotten to it yet! And it sucks because she's gonna be at YAllFest and I want to at least know her writing before I go there and hopefully get something signed by her.
  6. Anything by Lauren Oliver: I. Suck. Big. Time. How bad a read/blogger am I that I have never heard anything by Lauren Oliver? On the bright side, I have both of her books. I don't think that makes up for not having read it yet, though...
  7. Anything by Libba Bray: Same as above: I. Am. Awful! I LOVE Libba Bray! She is amazing and so funny (from what I know about her) but I haven't read any of her books yet! But I own Beauty Queens, so I'm hoping to get to that next on my List of Never Ending!
  8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: As so many of the above start: I own this book, but haven't read it yet. I read about eight pages on the car ride home from the bookstore when I first got it. Like, one year ago...
  9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: Hate me; this is a sin in the YA book world! I promise to read it soon!  
  10. Anything by Simone Elkeles: I'm so bad! How can it be that I have not read anything by this woman?! All I ever hear is how amazing her writing is, and how "sexy" Alex is! Must. Read. Soon! And it's pretty bad, because I own pretty much all of her books...
Well, that is all! Thank you all for reading my first ever Top Ten Tuesday! If you have one, leave yours in the comments! I follow back, by the way. :) I'm also having a 100 Follower Giveaway once I hit 100 followers, so follow away, my friends! :)

6 comments:

  1. If I had to pick one thing to encourage you with, it would be checking out Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Absolutely fabulous book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel, thanks for stopping by and following. You have a gorgeous site here! Am following back :).

    I've read one Libba Bray and it was really good, I keep meaning to pick up more of her books. As to number 9, you can count me in as a sinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graceling is one of my all time favorites.It was my first audio book and after listening to it I had to own a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot all about the Pretty Little Liars series. I just got those recently through Netflix and really liked the show so I really want to read those at some point. Great list!

    My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have "Jellicoe Road" on my list as well. I'm dying to read it, but have so many other books... I hope to get to it soon though!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven't read anything by Simone?!?!?!? This is a sad, sad day. You must do so soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...