Saturday, June 11, 2011

IMM (In My Mailbox) Number 3!


In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren to showcase all of the awesome books you've gotten in the last week! So go on over there and see how you can become part of this great meme! :) Also, I would LOVE to know what you got this week, so leave your link to your IMM and I'll check it out and follow your blog! I follow back, by the way. :)


Hey all! Sorry I've been gone for a few weeks! Life has been crazy but going pretty well, and I've just been working on my music and writing for the last couple of weeks... and going to concerts... Sorry! Point is: I'm back and I won't leave you all for so long ever again! :) I've missed you guys!
This is about three-four weeks of IMM, so I know it seems like a lot, but really, it's not. :) Here goes! (Just click the pictures to enlarge them!)

So Much Closer by  Susane Colasanti


 I entered her contest, telling her my 'Zen' place and I won a signed copy of her latest novel! So cool! Thank you so much, Susane!












Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly 
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen I already read this one and LOVED it! Expect a review very soon!
In The Arms Off Stone Angels by Jordan Dane
The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky



 Die For Me by Amy Plum (LOVING this one so far!)
Divergent by Veronica Roth 
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt

 Our neighborhood had a huge yard-sale a few days ago, and I got some books! :)
The United States And Britain In Prophecy
Life (It's just a bio book)
Breach of Faith: The Fall of Richard Nixon by Theodore H. White
And a book about religion that I cannot see the tittle of, haha. I'm sorry! I'll look it up later! I'm much too lazy...



                                           
My dad took me to our local used-book store! :)
Ana Akhmatova: Selected Poems (This book of poems is so amazing! So beautifully heart-breaking!)
A Journal of the Plague Year, by Daniel Defoe
Samuel Taylor Coleridge the Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Other Poems
Plato the Trial and Death of Socrates Four Dialogues
Wisdom for a Young Musician (My dad and I got this for my brother, but I think I'm gonna read it).
Tattoo
Prose Poems by Kahlil Gibran 

 And last of my yard-sale books...
The Norton Anthology of Short Fiction by R. V. Cassill
American Literature
Portrait of a Killer Jack The Ripper Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell
I LOVE this next one!!!

Exaltation (words by John O'Callaghan, images by Dirk Mai)

I LOVE these poems! John O'Callaghan is amazing! I already owned this before I got this copy, but when we saw The Maine on May 22nd, my father didn't know I had this already and got me another one! Oh well... Two is better than one! :P If you don't know who The Maine are, they are a GREAT band from Tempe, AZ, and John O'Callaghan (lead vocals) wrote this. It's pretty great, these poems of his. Go check them/this book out! :)
 And the very LAST of my books:
 My grandmother took me to Barns and Nobel, and saw this and thought I just HAD to have them for my bookshelf. I felt so bad when she got them for me! But then I took them home and put them on my shelf and they looked SOOO pretty and I didn't feel bad anymore, haha. Thanks Grandmother! :) <3
Well, that's all for me! I hope it wasn't THAT boring for you, and please tell me what you got in your mailbox this week! I would love to know! Also leave your blog links as well, and I'll follow you! I follow back, as stated before. :) 
One more thing! One of my favrotie bands, All Time Low, just had their fourth album, Dirty Work, come out this month! It was even number 1 on iTunes and is at number two right now! I'm just so proud and had to get that out! Haha. :) Plus their song, That Girl, has been stuck in my head since I heard it last week! Go listen/buy the new album! It's great! <3 Have a great week!
-Angel

12 comments:

  1. WOW! You got a lot of books this week! Hope you enjoy them all. I absolutely loved Die for Me and Anna and the French Kiss. Happy Reading

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I haven't posted in a while either, but you have one ginormous and eclectic haul there! Looking forward to your reviews!

    Here’s my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of great books. And a signed copy of So Much Closer. Awesome. New follower! ^_^ Here's my
    In My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book haul looks AMAZING:D Divergent, Angel Burn and Anna and The French Kiss are some of my favourite books! Plus I'm dying to read So Much Closer, Die For Me and The Vampire Stalker ):

    In My Mailbox

    New follower:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got such a great selection of books. I hope you enjoy reading each of them. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great IMM! I'm really looking forward reading Die For Me by Amy Plum, the cover is really pretty! Hope you enjoy them all! :)

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to get Anna and the French Kiss soon. I heard so many great comments about this book. It sounds so good! Happy Reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Replacement is great and Divergent is AMAZING! I really want Anna and the French kiss and Die for Me so I'm very jealous of your haul this week? Swap? xD


    Jade @ Ink Scratchers :) Here is my IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the covers on those classics from Barnes and Nobles!!

    Angie

    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for "Divergent" & "Anna"! They are two books that absolutely live up to their hype.

    "Sean Griswold's Head" is SUCH a cute book, I really enjoyed it. The characters just reminded me of what I was like in high school, so it seemed a lot more realistic for me.

    Enjoy all your books!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you the Best Books Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    I invite you to follow me since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
    Take care:-)

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOW COOL IS THAT! A signed book! With, like your name on it and everything ;)

    Everybody seems to be talking about Divergence right now, I picked it up the other day but put it back down agin (starting to regret that decision) I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    Great IMM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...